Thursday, December 18, 2008

Moving Forward

Today I had a good, albeit brief, conversation with my adviser. We agreed that it is possible for me to graduate by May 2009. In order to do that I need to:

  1. Complete a 1 page project proposal to her by Jan. 7 (she said 31st but I'm aiming for earlier)
  2. Apply for graduation by Feb 1
  3. Draft by mid-March '09
  4. Complete project & paper by April 15 '09
  5. Java certification equivalency by April 15
The basic outline of the paper/proposal should state:
  1. What's the need
  2. What's currently out there
  3. Why is this different
  4. Why this design
  5. What is the pedagogy behind it
  6. How does this lead to the design principles
The above 6 points is pretty much exactly what I did for every game design class. She just made it sound so doable.

<exhale> How I've missed bullet points and deadlines!

2 comments:

Val said...

R,

Delighted to see your blog. I am in the process of creating my own ---talk about slow!smile. I'd be delighted to help with any "trials" or "brainstorming". I am currently working with an interesting group on, among other things, how to reconcile the gap between learning and execution on the job. Do let me know how all goes with you.

rani said...

Hi Val, Thanks for checking out the blog! I'm hoping this blog will have served its purpose and will be done with it very soon! Keep in touch -- am interested in what you've been up to. cheers.